Friday, February 26, 2010

Dazed

I LOVE being a mom! Andrew and I have fun days together... at least when he seems to be awake.

Here is a run down of our days...


We sleep. He is quite the sleeper. He ranges anywhere from 3 to 6.5 hours of solid sleeping at night. John and I have to set an alarm just to go check on him when he doesn't wake up. Even though that's the worst feeling, walking across the hall in the middle of the night, it's bitter sweet to see his soundly sleeping.


We eat. I am continuing to breastfeed and pump all the same time. It must look like a circus to anyone entering our house. I truly need 4 arms at times. John loves to feed him when he gets home. The two of them bond like no other and I love watching their interaction.


We sleep again....


We play. AJ goes through days where he is up from 7am-1pm. He is content in his boppy while I shower and get ready for the morning. We started reading books and I've noticed, this puts him right to sleep. I don't know if it's a good thing or not yet.


And when dad gets home, we hang out together. We got our official "bath" on Wednesday after the cord stump fell off. Before, we were attempting sponge baths and AJ was not liking this at all! Needless to say, he didn't really enjoy the tub bath either.

John and I are loving being parents. I love watching John go to AJ when he comes from work. We actually look forward to weekends when we can all be together and we truly don't mind being awaken at 6 am on Saturday. There is nothing better at this point and we couldn't ask for anything more. I'll say it again, we are truly blessed....

3 comments:

sandi said...

Love hearing about your day, Jacqueline! Dad and I love all three of you and You, John and AJ are perfect for each other! :)

Melissa Wilson said...

He is so cute! It sounds like y'all are doing great! It was fun to catch up a couple of days ago!

Melissa Wilson said...

Hey! I need some new pictures of our sweet boy! :) I am working on your quilt today, little man!