Friday, September 07, 2007

31-7

GO BARONS!

Yes, it has been a week since Manheim's first game. Manheim defeated Lower Dolphin 31-7. John's kicker set a new school record with the longest field goal kick of 57 yards. John couldn't be more excited. I totally wish that I would have taken a picture of his face. Our friend's son did an awesome job at QB also for his first time on varsity. So proud of them... :)

If you didn't already know, after the games, we all go to the Cats. We no sooner got there and got our food, when a hugh fire started happening right up the street. Seriously, no more than 100 yards away! I was mesmorized! I never saw a fire that close before. It started in one home, but then quickly spread to the two homes surrounding it as well as homes in the rear. (they were row homes). I sat the entire night, until 2AM, watching this fire. I never saw flames that big rolling out of windows before. There were 11 fire companies there, ambulances, police, etc. The street corner was loaded with people. Again, I wish I had had my camera on me. Luckily no one was injured, and a family of 8 had just moved out of the 'fire' home eariler that day. How sad is that, but how lucky everyone is.... Here is a quick picture pulled out of the newspaper.

No comments: