Friday, November 28, 2008

Black Friday

I did it again.. I was up at the crack of dawn for my annual black Friday shopping extravaganza! Michelle was sick this year, so it was the first year that I went by myself. Normally, we make coffee and hit the road.

I woke up at 2 and was at the mall by 3:30. This was the first year that some of the stores opened at 4AM instead of 5. Needless to say, I picked the right store because as I was standing in line outside, they decided to open their doors 15 minutes early! This might not sound like a big deal, but when there is a mad rush of people sprinting across the parking lot, you'll be lucky that you were standing in line.

After 9 hours of shopping, I just about finished my Christmas shopping. I tried to convince John to purchase a big screen TV as a joint gift, but he was not having any part of it. Needless to say, our friends purchased one the same day and John was probably kicking himself for not saying yes. The deals were really good, but you wouldn't know that we were in an economic crisis with the financial stock markets by the way people were buying things! It was nuts!

at 2AM

No comments: