Monday, November 23, 2009

A kid in a candy store...

John was invited to attend 'camp' this year with some of his friends. Our evening consisted of gathering all his hunting gear for the weekend following Thanksgiving. We ventured out to Cabela's for last minute supplies; which basically consisted of all his own hunting gear. Eventhough he already owned a gun, he was still borrowing the camo attire, backpacks, etc... for each trip. He was SO excited purchasing his own camo pants, headlamp, and backpack that holds a gun. I felt like I was with a kid in a candy store. We spent so much time gathering up his gear, we barely had time left to look at the displays of animals (as this is my favorite part about Cabelas).

John left on a Sunday afternoon, following 3 days of football; both college and high school. (We couldn't leave without going to another VT game :) ). From what I have heard of the trip, everyone had a great time. Two of his friends both got bucks. I don't think John even shot at anything though, but it was all for the experience. He loved every minute of it.

Here are a few pictures from the nights before, getting John ready. Let me tell you, this backpack and gun almost pulled me over it was so heavy! I couldn't imagine carrying it through the woods yet.



No comments: