Friday, December 04, 2009

1 hour GTT

WHAT!? How could I fail!? I failed my 1 hour Glucose Tolerance Test! I totally do not understand!

Up until this point, I have gained 6 lbs. I have no risk factors for diabetes, nor have I exhibited any signs/symptoms. I am eating healthy, or atleast trying to. Everything I seem to eat, makes me nauseated as this kiddo is having a party every night inside. But I love the movements and I can't help but stop everything I'm doing to watch my belly move :)

Back to my 1 hour... HOW COULD I FAIL! I am so disappointed in myself. My level was 157 and the doctors would prefer it be < 130. I now am forced to sit in a lab for 3.5 hours and have my blood drawn multiple times to recheck my glucose levels. To make matters worse, I have to drink DOUBLE the amount of glucose water for it; PLUS, eat a high carbohydrate diet for 3 days before the test. UGH! I am so upset! Not cool!

My test is Friday, Dec. 18 at 7am. I am determined not to have gestational diabetes....

1 comment:

Melissa Wilson said...

Oh I am so sorry! I had a girlfriend with that and she had to go on a crazy diet! The up wide was that she was itty bitty after the baby was born :) lol...there is an upside to everything, i guess! Good luck, I hope all goes well and there is NO diabetes at your test!