Wednesday, October 18, 2006

Great Weekend

I had an awesome weekend!
Church on Sunday was so moving. I felt myself at times wanting to cry with the songs we were singing and everything that was going on around us. The sermon was all about giving the 10% tides to the Lord and also about how we can bring others into our "life boats." At the very end of the service, we all recevied a ball in which we were instructed to write the name(s) of someone who we wanted to help see the Lord, come to church, etc... We brought our balls up on stage one at a time and dropped them into a lifeboat. It really impacted me to see how many people that we as a congregation could help. All my Power Hour boys brought balls up also. It was so cute to see.
Saturday, I got a call from a lady @ church inviting John and myself to join her life group on Monday evenings. John and I as as couple have been struggling to find a group that suites both of our needs both individually and as a a couple. I think that this group may be it. Christy is married and has two children. Everyone else in the group is dating/engaged with no children. Some are in school, have jobs, and are at different stages in their lives as are John and I. So anyway, next Monday we are going to their home for a life group study. I hope it all works out and they like us and we like them. I am just really excited that someone would take the time to reach out to us as we contiune to struggle to find a right fit.

No comments: