Thursday, December 07, 2006

1 Week!

Wow, I can't believe that I graduate in 1 week! This year seemed to fly by....

I had a really rough day at clinical today, to the point where I said I didn't want to be a nurse anymore. I felt ashamed saying it, but just the way that places are run is very frustrating to me. I feel that in a long term care facility, no one truely cares for the patients. The healthcare workers do the bare minimum to get by and leave for the day. My favorite patient went to the hospital for sepsis and mersa. My heart just goes out to him. I can't even begin to image what it would be like to live in a long term care facility having only a few outfits, barely any family visits, little contact with the outside world, and having to depend on someone 24/7 to do anything, include using the restroom. In one way I am discussted and in another, I feel that I am making a difference; even if it is for 1 person.

Today after clinical, I went to John's new office. It is extremely nice and very roomy. This is only his second day there and he is loving it. I'm not sure how long it will take him to miss the other half of DDMP, but I'm sure those guys are chatting up a storm everyday on the phone.

No comments: