Thursday, April 05, 2007

I don't talk while I lift....

So this morning, I woke up to make it to the gym on time for an ab/cardio mix class. I was totally looking forward to it because I had taken it before and loved it. I got to class to find only the instructor and 1 other member there. Hey, that's fine with me, more 1:1 attention. Anyway, here to find out that the instructor decided that she was going to do a 45 minute class on just step. I am horrible at step class. I am not coordinated enough to look at the instructor and do what she is saying. Instead, I look at my feet and end up tripping all over the place. I then decided to leave and just lift on my own.
While lifting, it seemed that every station I went to, an older man followed me and sat on the equipment next to what I was using. He repeated everything that was coming across the radio station.... "Paul N Oates," "52 degrees!,"It's 9:20 already." I never once saw him lift a thing, nor did I want to turn and respond to any of his one-liner comments. It just struck me weird because I didn't know this was his way of trying to initiate conversation, or if there was seriously something wrong.
Regardless, I had a great workout with nice down-time as I tanned. Nothing better!

No comments: