Thursday, January 15, 2009

Ski Greek Peak




This past weekend, John and I had the opportunity to go to New York with his family and friends to ski. We do it every year, but this year, it snuck up on us so fast that before we knew it, we were scrambling to pack and leave in within 30 minutes! Craziness! I had packed dinner for the road the night before so at least that was a little stress taken off, but still.... The 4 hour trip seemed to go by fairly quickly. John got mad at my driving, we stopped for a bathroom break and changing of drivers, and before we knew it, we had arrived!

John's parents always rent 2 places, one for the younger crowd, and one for themselves. We have dinner and lunch at one place, but yet can be on our own in the evening if we want. It's very nice.

Saturday was spent skiing, although looking back, I wish we would have gotten up earlier in the morning and skied longer before heading in for lunch. I always seem to have trouble getting in the mood to go back out after lunch, but I promised John I would this time. After we trucked back across the street, the snow was really starting to fall hard by this time. After the chairlift ride, we would be so covered in snow, as it would just start to pile on your pants and in the crevasse of your zippers. Pretty cool to see, but not after we started to get freezing cold. I bundle up ALOT, where-as John wears a long sleeved tee and vest. Needless to say, he was ready to go in as well. We stayed out for quite a while and enjoyed ourselves. I think this is the first year that I said I really enjoyed skiing. I feel I've gotten a little better, accomplished all the levels! and can't wait to do it again.

Saturday was dinner and appetizers back at the other condo. Fun, Fun, Fun! PJ introduced us to a card game (the name is not coming to me right now) in which I majorly lost! My meat-balls were a hit the stuffed shells for dinner were great!

Carol, Bert, and Maura

We woke up Saturday morning to the blizzard from the day before. We easily got 8-12 inches of snow. I totally forgot my snow boots, so when I went to clean off the car, I sank right down in. I was freezing! and there was no way I could keep up with cleaning the car as the snow was falling that fast!


We took it easy coming home, no accidents! and enjoyed the warmth of our car and our own home once again!

No comments: